Our Seventh Annual Dragon Boat Race was amazing –we raised over $140,000 for our Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) efforts at CHRISTUS Ochsner Southwestern Louisiana Foundation!!! This was our Most Competitive Year Yet, and we are so excited and grateful to have shared this time with our sponsors and our community!
Congratulations to Louisiana Mortgage Associates – Row This House for winning top honors this year! It was a HUGELY competitive event throughout the entire day, and Row This House definitely worked hard to take the win Home (see what we did, there J).
And a special Shout Out to our CMN Challenge participants – these teams really took this ball and ran with it, creating a huge buzz for CMN in our community – and we are so very proud of all of these organizations! They raised over $13,000 through your CMN Challenge efforts, above and beyond sponsorships, and these additional funds make such a difference for our ability to serve kids in Southwest Louisiana!
- Top CMN Challenge Earner went to Golden Nugget (GN), Team Golden Dragon, who got their whole GN community/associates involved and raised an amazing $6,000 through t-shirt sales!!! This means even associates who couldn’t be a part of the team or at the event still were able to contribute! We just love this idea – and it clearly worked!!!
- 2nd Place goes to Cameron LNG, who raised an awesome $3,000 this year!!! Cameron LNG jumped into this year’s event with both feet, and made their mark on the entire day – we so appreciate their commitment and passion!
- 3rd Place goes to Energy Transfer, who raised a fantastic $1,800!!! They came to win (which they did, see the list below of award winners) and to make a difference for our kids – the very best combination!
- Lake Charles Credit Union Chapter has decided to take their CMN Challenge to a year-long level… which means they will be selling balloons and koozies and more at all of their locations throughout the year and will donate the proceeds to our CMN efforts. We are so happy with their decision to do this… and while it sort of prohibits them from competing in the “Dragon Boat Race CMN Challenge Winner” contest, the kids become the real winners in this arrangement… Thank You Lake Charles Credit Union Chapter!
- Team CITGO, Team Turner and Team State Farm also participated in the CMN Challenge and greatly contributed to our total earnings through this effort!
We consider this year’s event a HUGE Success – and we are so very grateful to ALL of our Sponsors for their enthusiasm, their excitement, their commitment to this event and our cause and their outstanding sportsmanship… They ALL are some of our favorite people on this planet and we are so very grateful to be in this adventure with them!
And, Thank You to our community for coming out in full force to support this adventure! YOU ALL are what makes this event Amazing! And the kids in Southwest Louisiana benefit from it all!
Paddles Up – For The Kids! – Allison
P.S. Our next Dragon Boat Race is scheduled for April 25, 2020
1st Place – Louisiana Mortgage Associations, Row This House (and that they DID)!
2nd Place – CITGO, Team CITGO
3rd Place – Sasol, Team Sasol
1st Place – Energy Transfer, Energy Express
2nd Place – Golden Nugget, Team Golden Dragon
3rd Place – Coushatta Tribe, Mudwater Chiefs
1st Place – LyondellBasell, Blue Dragons (their first year of competing!)
2nd Place – CHRISTUS Ochsner Health Southwestern Louisiana, Purple Dragons
3rd Place – CHRISTUS Ochsner Health Southwestern Louisiana, Holy Rowers
Financial Challenge – Louisiana Mortgage Associates, Row This House
Casino Challenge – Coushatta Tribe, Mudwater Chiefs
Industry Challenge – CITGO, Team CITGO
Retail Challenge – Kohl’s Department Stores, Captain Kohl’s & the Mateys
Other Fine Organizations – CHRISTUS Louisiana Athletic Club, Dragon Gyms
Children’s Miracle Network Challenge – Golden Nugget (GN), raising a whopping $6,000
Most Enthusiastic Team – Sam’s Club (Eliza and her bells J)
Best Dressed Drummer – Golden Nugget, Team Golden Dragon
Best Dragon Eye – A TIE!!! Cameron LNG, Cryo Dragons and Air Liquide, AIR Boat